iPhone Superlight Directional Microphone
My dog ate my Rode iPhone Microphone, so it was an excuse to try something new. Don’t get me wrong, the Rode Microphone is great quality, but I wanted something smaller, with a smaller wind breaker (the Rode one is huge!). After quite a bit of research I finally purchased the Saramonic Iphone Microphone. I love it for various reasons:-
- No batteries or any charging is needed (perfect for long-distance hiking).
- The mic swivels, so if I want to record something away from me, or perhaps interview someone then it is easy to swap.
- It’s small enough that I can keep it attached to my phone on a hike.
- The sound quality is actually very good. (See video below).
- The windshield is included, which can greatly reduce wind noise. The omnidirectional condenser microphone records clear sound at close range.