Adventure Geek Walking Club
Why join our club?
Becoming an Adventure Geek Club member is the best way for you to maximise your enjoyment of walking. The AG Club consists of members of all ages, social backgrounds and abilities. We only have one rule… we only walk with nice people!
If you are interested in joining the Adventure Geek Club from @ £8 a month for unlimited walks, simply complete the form below.
Note: No long-term commitment, you can cancel at any time.
I want to walk with like-minded people whilst enjoying some exercise and having a fun time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH MY MEMBERSHIP?
There are many benefits of an AG Club Membership, as well as the exercise, and meeting new people which goes without saying!
- Access to member-only walks (pointy map walks & scope walks)
- Access to the club challenges, such as photo competitions, leaderboard challenges etc.
- Discounts are available for some holidays and adventures.
- Free sweets during each local walk.
- Unlimited walks – just book and go!
- A free AG club pin badge for your backpack.
- Once we get to know you, you may end up with a trail name.
- Get to take Kipper on a hike. (the AG mascot)
CAN I TRY BEFORE I BUY? (BOOK YOUR 1ST FREE WALK)
Yes! You can come along to two free weekly club walks before we ask you to consider joining the club or continue walking with us on a PAYG basis.
How do you join a free walk? Simply click on the walk that you would like to attend and select the “non-member – first-timer” ticket option.
All walks can be viewed on the website or using Eventbrite. Click here to book your first free walk.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
WE CURRENTLY HAVE THREE MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS:-
- Pay monthly for unlimited walks at £10 a month
- Pay annually £96 (£8 a month).
- Join the weekend warrior package if longer weekend hikes are more your thing.
Alternatively, select the PAYG ticket from your 3rd walk, no membership is needed.
WHERE ARE YOUR WALKS LOCATED?
You can find all of our walks listed on the events page of our website. Or, check out our adventure holidays.
Currently, we are operating weekly in Northamptonshire, Milton Keynes, and some areas of Leicestershire and Warwickshire. New regions are developing all the time.
We also organise weekend breaks and longer holidays which are available for members and non-members
HOW OFTEN DO YOU WALK?
As a rule, our local walks (Northants, Warks and Milton Keynes) tend to be:-
- Monday evenings @ 6.15pm – 8.30pm
- Monday day time @ 9.45am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday or Wednesday day time @ 9.45am – 12.30pm
- Thursday evenings @ 6.15pm – 8.30pm
- Regular Saturday or Sunday walks, which are usually between 10-15 miles.
As club members, you are also entitled to join club-only walks. These are mini-adventures where we discover new walks to add to the AG portfolio and “pointy map walks”.
All the walks are listed on the events page of the website.
HOW LONG ARE YOUR WALKS?
We cater for everyone.
Evening walks can vary from 2-5 miles.
Weekend walks tend to be from 6-15 miles.
DO YOU HAVE TO BE FIT TO JOIN?
OUR WALKS ARE FOR EVERYONE, HOWEVER, WE DO GRADE THE WALKS AS FOLLOWS:-
- Easy – a very flat route, usually on paved pathways. The average pace is more of a leisurely stroll.
- Moderate – may include a few hills, stiles or ploughed fields that can sometimes be proved to be challenging. All walks over 4 miles will be graded as moderate.
- Challenging – every now and then we like to increase the pace. If you see a walk that is labelled as challenging then you know that the pace will be fast and that you are likely to break into a sweat. A challenging walk may include hills, mountains or even a geocaching trail that will take us through thick woods whilst in search of plastic boxes.
All walks are split into collections which you can find here.
- – Purple walks are “rapid rambles” – fast walks.
- – Yellow walks are “morning miracle walks” – from 6.30am
- – Blue walks are “Sapphire walks” – unhurried walks and shorter
- – Orange walks are “adventures” – these are holidays and weekend adventures which are usually an additional charge.
- – Green walks are “charity walks” – we work with Shout 85258 (mental health charity).
- All other walks are just a regular pace and vary between 3-15 miles.
- ❤️️ – Member only walks
DO YOU WALK IN THE WINTER?
Yes, although the walks in the wintertime are usually shorter and are located in reasonably lit areas with well-trodden paths.
All we ask is that you bring along a torch and reflective/bright clothing during the months of October – March. We request that you do not bring head torches as they tend to blind people. If you were interested in which type of torch to purchase, then this is the one that most of our club members use. It’s very bright and also extremely light. The bonus is that you can also use it as a power bank to charge up your phone.
ARE YOU INSURED?
Yes… simples. We are insured with Harrison Beaumont.
ARE YOUR WALK LEADERS FIRST AID TRAINED?
Yes. The Walk Directors are Outdoor First Aid Trained.
If the walk director is not present then a qualified / dedicated first aider will be nominated for the walk.
WHAT DO OTHERS SAY ABOUT YOUR WALKS?
ARE DOGS WELCOME?
Yes, and we have regular dog-pack walks, but we do have some rules:
- Dogs are welcome on nearly all of our walks, but we ask for only two dogs per human.
- Please do not use extension leads (as they tend to trip up the other walkers which is a bit annoying)
- Sometimes you will see a note on an event saying “small dogs only” – this means that there may be many stiles on the route which are not dog friendly. Heaving large dogs over stiles can slow the group down considerably, so we ask that only small dogs attend these walks.
- If we are aware of cattle in numerous fields on a particular walk, then again we will note that no dogs are allowed, which is for the group’s safety.