WILD CAMP THE WEST HIGHLAND WAY 2022
Have you ever dreamed of walking and wild camping along The West Highland Way?
DATES: 1st-10th September 2022
- Includes three hotels, three dedicated campsites and permits for wild camping, a walking guide, WHW passport and all transfers.
- 8 days walking, 9 nights.
- The West Highland Way stretches 96 miles (154 Km) from Milngavie to Fort William (foot of Ben Nevis)
- You will be taking in a huge variety of Scottish scenery along the way, from countryside parks to loch-shores and open moorlands to steep mountains.
- You will need to be physically fit for this trail. (AG will give you access to the orange training club with training hikes and camps).
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED
Find out more by clicking the tabs below the photos.
The West Highland Way passes through some of Scotland’s most inspiring landscapes and it’s essential that you are properly prepared to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
8 days walking, 9 nights, transfer & guide included.
- Complete Scotland's most famous long-distance trail from Milngavie to Fort William
- Enjoy camaraderie on the trail as you meet fellow walkers and campers from around the world.
- Walk from the ‘bonnie banks' of Loch Lomond to the remote Rannoch Moor.
- Make your final steps into Fort William at the foot of Ben Nevis
- Collect stamps in your West Highland Way Passport as a fabulous momento of your hike.
Your Adventure Will Include:
- Hotels on the first and last night of your trip, with an additional hotel at the halfway point.
- Dedicated campsites for 3 nights, and wild camping for three nights.
- All wild camping permits
- Transfer from Glasgow airport to the start of the trail.
- Transfer from Fort William to the airport.
- Walking with a small group of no more than 10 hikers.
- A very friendly, welcoming, fully qualified and experienced walk leader on the ground to guide you the way.
- Medical support for minor medical needs. (All guides carry a first aid kit and are first aid qualified).
- Training plan, plus the option to join any “orange club walk”. We will also have at least one overnight camp to test gear and experience camping before the big day. And options to camp the night before some training hikes.
- A daily briefing with accompanying paperwork.
- A West Highland Way Passport (Celebrate your journey and record your achievement by getting your passport stamped at Passport Points along the route)
Your Adventure does not include:-
- Flights (although we can book them for you if you prefer)
- Wild camping gear such as a backpacking tent, sleeping bag etc. (although we will help with kit lists and purchases).
- Travel Insurance
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses (such as your bar bill)
- Discretionary tips
Walking Scotland’s first long-distance footpath
- Travel Day – Flying from Luton to Glasgow (EasyJet) with private transfer to Milngavie. (Hotel)
- Day 1 – Walking: Milngavie to Drymen: 12 miles/19 km (Campsite)
- Day 2 – Walking: Drymen to Rowardennan/Inversnaid: 15 miles/24 km (Wild Camping)
- Day 3 – Walking: Inversnaid/Rowardennan to Inverarnan: 14 miles/22.5 km (Campsite)
- Day 4 – Walking: Inverarnan to Tyndrum: 12 miles/19.5 km (Hotel)
- Day 5 – Walking: Tyndrum to Inveroran: 9 miles/14.5 km (Wild camping)
- Day 6 – Walking: Inveroran to Kingshouse : 10 miles/16 km (Wild camping)
- Day 7 – Walking: Kingshouse to Kinlochleven: 9 miles/ 14.5 km (Campsite)
- Day 8 – Walking: Kinlochleven to Fort William: 15 miles/24 km (Hotel)
- Travel Day – Private Transfer from Fort William to Glasgow Airport.
- Depart from Glasgow to Luton (13.05)
This route is absolutely stunning but does have its challenges with a few steep parts, which means that you will need a good level of fitness and be accustomed to walking with your gear to get the most enjoyment from walking the route.
To prepare you for this hike, we also include:-
- Discount on the orange club training hikes. We will also arrange a camping trip before the trip.
- A kit & gear list (budget gear or premium gear list)
- You will also be invited to join the WhatsApp Group so we can share photos and use this as a communication channel.
NEED TO KNOW
Julia is a confident walk leader, an experienced navigator and a long-distance hiker, so you can book with confidence.
If you have walked a long-distance walk with Julia previously then you may be aware that some of her adventures are vlogged, journaled and often end up as books that are sold on the website / Amazon etc. Signing up for this walk will mean that you may end up in the book, or the vlog, however, we please let us know beforehand if you do not want to be included in this media.
Adventure Geek Walks are open to anyone over the age of 10. However, anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Food & Drink
Please note we do not supply any food or drinks for this walk, you will need to fend for yourself.
Dogs are not allowed on this trip unless they are registered assistance dogs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
- Deposits of this event are non-refundable.
- If you cancel within 8 weeks of the event then no refunds are available.
COVID REFUND POLICY
If your trip is cancelled due to Covid choose from free date changes, account credit, or a full refund.
Full Financial Protection: Your money is safe. Every booking is fully financially protected.
WHAT OUR COVID REFUND GUARANTEE INCLUDES:
If your trip is cancelled by Adventure Geek at any time up to the day of departure you will be offered the option to:
- Move to a new date.
- Convert your booking into account credit – which can be put towards any future adventure of your choice.
- Get a full refund. We process 100% of refunds within 14 days.
If your trip is going ahead but you need to cancel 30 days or less before departure due to Covid-19 we agree to waive our normal cancellation terms and offer you the option to move to a new date, convert to account credit or a full refund in the event that:
- You are prevented from travelling due to your government banning non-essential travel to the destination.
- You are prevented from travelling due to a national or local lockdown.
- You are prevented from travelling due to quarantine requirements on your return.
WHAT OUR COVID REFUND GUARANTEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Your normal cancellation terms will apply if you need to cancel your trip for the following reasons:
- You or a family member is diagnosed with Covid and you are required to self-isolate, which prevents you from travelling.
- A close relative is diagnosed with Covid and you are required to care for them.
- You are denied boarding to your flight due to failing Covid checks.
- You are unable to join your trip due to not fully complying with the testing or vaccination requirements to enter the destination country.
We recommend customers take out travel insurance with specific Covid-19 cancellation and curtailment provision which is now available from many reputable providers.