THE WEST HIGHLAND WAY
£1,020.00 – £1,480.00
Have you ever dreamed of walking The West Highland Way?
DATES: 2nd to 11th July 2021
- Includes flights, accommodation, walking guide, and all transfers.
- The West Highland Way stretches 96 miles (154 Km) from Milngavie to Fort William (foot of Ben Nevis)
- You will be taking in a huge variety of Scottish scenery along the way, from countryside parks to loch-shores and open moorlands to steep mountains.
- Training and preparation weekend is 12th & 13th June (not compulsory).
- You will need to be physically fit for this trail.
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED
Find out more by clicking the tabs below the photos.
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL
- NEED TO KNOW
- BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
- OPTION TO EXTEND YOUR STAY
The West Highland Way passes through some of Scotland’s most inspiring landscapes and it’s essential that you are properly prepared to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
8 days walking, 9 nights, flights, transfer & guide included.
- Complete Scotland's most famous long-distance trail from Milngavie to Fort William
- Enjoy camaraderie on the trail as you meet fellow walkers from around the world.
- Walk from the ‘bonnie banks' of Loch Lomond to the remote Rannoch Moor.
- The type of accommodation depends on which package you choose. On the “budget” option, we have bunkhouse which are often attached to hotels.
- Make your proud final steps into Fort William at the foot of Ben Nevis
- Collect stamps in your West Highland Way Passport as a fabulous momento of your hike.
Your Adventure Will Include:
- Return flights from Luton or Birmingham.
- 9 nights accommodation (premium option includes breakfast)
- Transfer from Glasgow airport to the start of the trail.
- Transfer from Fort William to the airport.
- Daily baggage transfer service, so that you only need carry a day pack.
- Walking with a small group of no more than 15 people.
- A very friendly, welcoming, fully qualified and experienced walk leader on the ground to guide you the way.
- Medical support for minor medical needs. (All guides carry a first aid kit and are first aid qualified).
- A pre-walk training day with a presentation explaining the itinerary, what to expect and answering all of your questions.
- A daily guide book and full packing list.
- A West Highland Way Passport (Celebrate your journey and record your achievement by getting your passport stamped at Passport Points along the route)
Your Adventure does not include:-
- Travel Insurance
- Evening meals
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses (such as your bar bill)
- Discretionary tips
Walking Scotland’s first long-distance footpath
- Depart from either Luton or Birmingham via EasyJet – both locations are the same time at 8.50am – arrive at Glasgow Airport (10.10am).
- Private Transfer to Milngaive from the airport.
- Walking: Milngavie to Drymen: 12 miles/19 km
- Walking: Drymen to Rowardennan: 15 miles/24 km
- Walking: Rowardennan to Inverarnan: 14 miles/22.5 km
- Walking: Inverarnan to Tyndrum: 12 miles/19.5 km
- Walking: Tyndrum to Inveroran: 9 miles/14.5 km
- Walking: Inveroran to Kingshouse : 10 miles/16 km
- Walking: Kingshouse to Kinlochleven: 9 miles/ 14.5 km
- Walking: Kinlochleven to Fort William: 15 miles/24 km
- Private Transfer from Fort William to Glasgow Airport.
- Depart from Glasgow to Birmingham (19:50) or Luton (20:50)
This route is absolutely stunning but does have its challenges with a few steep parts, which means that you will need a good level of fitness to get the most enjoyment from walking the route.
To prepare you for this hike, we also include:-
- A training plan (optional)
- A kit list
- A preparation evening, so everyone can meet everyone beforehand, and Julia will talk through things such as health and safety, the terrain, what to expect, transport arrangements.
- You will also be invited to join the WhatsApp or Facebook Group so we can share photos and use this as a communication channel.
NEED TO KNOW
Please be aware that Julia has not walked this specific trail before and therefore the group will experience an element of adventure and discovery as we go. Julia is a confident walk leader, an experienced navigator and long-distance hiker, so you can book with confidence.
Approved Travel Agent – Steph Billson (NotJustTravel)
As your Personal Travel Expert, I'm here to make planning your next Adventure Geek holiday stress-free and easy. From the whole package to those finishing touches such as booking extra meals etc, I've got you covered!
Have a chat with me
I'm available to call any time and happy to arrange a personal meeting to discuss your ideas with you. Get in touch today: 07368 624 789
NB – Please note your travel arrangements will be subject to separate Terms and Conditions, the details of which will be fully explained and provided at the time of booking.
If you have walked a long-distance walk with Julia previously then you may be aware that some of her adventures are vlogged, journaled and often end up as books which are sold on the website / Amazon etc. Signing up for this walk will mean that you may end up in the book, or the vlog, however, we please let us know beforehand if you do not want to be included in this media.
Adventure Geek Walks are open to anyone over the age of 10. However, anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Food & Drink
Please note we do not supply any food or drinks for this day walk, you will need to fend for yourself. Note: the Premium service will include breakfast, and you will also be able to tailor your accommodation meals to your own requirements with Steph Billson (Travel Agent)
I am afraid dogs are not allowed on this trip, unless they are registered assistance dogs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
- Deposits of this event are non-refundable.
- If you cancel within 4 weeks of the event then no refunds are available.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Payment options are available for each package.
Not Just Travel (Agency) Ltd, sells travel services on behalf of Hays Travel Limited and benefits from Hays Travel’s membership of ABTA with membership number K9413. ABTA and ABTA Members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct.
Book with Confidence. We are a Member of ABTA which means you have the benefit of ABTA’s assistance and Code of Conduct. We provide financial protection for your money when you buy a package holiday. If you buy other travel arrangements such as accommodation only this protection doesn’t apply.
OPTION TO EXTEND YOUR STAY
Option to extend your stay
Fancy extending your adventure to explore what more Scotland has to offer? Speak to Steph Billson at time of confirming your travel arrangements for some of the many options available. Here’s a couple to think about.
Extend your stay in Fort William and consider climbing Ben Nevis, Explore the expansive wilderness of Glen Coe, Search for the Loch Ness Monster and travel up to Inverness before returning home.
Enjoy a little rest and relaxation after your amazing walking adventure. Spend a few days relaxing and experiencing what Scottish Cities have to offer. Choose from Glasgow or Edinburgh or even Stirling where you can follow in the footsteps of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce.
Experience the Scottish Islands, a short plane ride from Glasgow and you can be in the Shetlands, Orkneys or Hebrides. Spectacular scenery, some of the most spectacular beaches in the UK and food and drink to enjoy.