PEAK PILGRIMAGE 2022
£210.00 – £260.00
The Peak Pilgrimage Trail is not just a walking holiday, it's a vacation, a vacation from life. The 35 mile Peak Pilgrimage is a beautiful walk between Ilam and Eyam, two villages devastated by plague in the 17th century. There are higher mountains, steeper tracks and greater walking challenges in other parts of Britain, but nowhere is the walking more lovely, relaxing, accessible and soul-restorative than in the Peak District National Park. This is a journey for anyone who likes walking.
WALKING DATES: 28th, 29th & 30th May 2022
Note: accommodation is three nights from 27th – 29th May.
- Optional accommodation (or book your own)
- An experienced guide on the ground.
- Private shuttle service back and forth to the trail head.
- Peak Pilgrimage passport and guidebook (collect stickers along the trail from the churches)
- A fitness plan, plus organised training hikes (access to the Orange Club) to get you ready for your challenge.
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED, GO TAKE A HIKE!
Find out more by clicking the tabs below the photos.
The 35 mile Peak Pilgrimage trail is a beautiful walk between Ilam and Eyam, two villages devastated by plague in the 17th century. There are higher mountains, steeper tracks and greater walking challenges in other parts of Britain, but nowhere is the walking more lovely, relaxing, accessible and soul-restorative than in the Peak District National Park.
This is a journey for anyone who likes walking.
- A confident and friendly walk leader who has completed this trail many times.
- A Peak Pilgrimage Passport and Guidebook (collect stickers from churches along the route).
- Daily transport back and forth from Hartington Hall.
- Option to join our additional training hikes (Orange club)
- Packing list
- Daily information sheets
- Access to the WhatsApp Group for this trail.
- Accommodation at YHA Hartington Hall (if you selected this option)
Your package will not include:
- Any meals – breakfast and evening meals will be an additional cost
- You can order a packed lunch from the hostel for an additional charge
- Please make your own way to Derbyshire / Hartington Hall (car sharing can be organised directly through the WhatsApp Group).
This route is absolutely stunning but does have its challenges with a few steep parts. Most of the trail is along the valley and following a river (Hope Valley & Dovedale) – although we do have some steep sections, no tall peaks to climb.
TO PREPARE YOU FOR THIS HIKE, WE ALSO INCLUDE:-
- A training plan (optional)
- A kit list
- A preparation evening, so everyone can meet everyone beforehand, and Julia will talk through things such as health and safety, the terrain, what to expect, transport arrangements.
- You will also be invited to join the WhatsApp or Facebook Group so we can share photos and use this as a communication channel.
|Accommodation will be booked from 27th May 2022, checking out on 30th May 2022.
If you would like to stay the extra day then just let us know when booking.
|Day 1 – 28th May||Day 2 – 29th May||Day 3 – 30th May|
|ILAM – HARTINGTON||HARTINGTON TO BAKEWELL||BAKEWELL TO EYAM|
|Distance 9.5 miles||Distance 15.5 miles||Distance: 14 miles|
NEED TO KNOW
Adventure Geek Walks are open to anyone over the age of 10. However, anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
FOOD & DRINK
Please note we do not supply any food or drinks for this day walk, you will need to fend for yourself.
I am afraid dogs are not allowed on this trip, unless they are registered assistance dogs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
Dogs are welcome on the majority of our walks, however, we kindly ask that only one dog per walker and that the welfare of the animal remains your responsibility throughout your walk. On occasion, we may add a note of “No dogs allowed” on specific walks (usually those with cattle), please respect this note.
- Deposits of this event are non-refundable.
- If you cancel within 10 days of the event then no refunds are available.