Photo Walking Challenge Stoke Bruerne
A practical photography walk using your phone or camera in a unique and inspiring environment.
Are you looking to enhance your photography skills or simply take better photos?
10th October 2019: 9.30am-1.30pm
Whatever you enjoy photographing this half a day photo walk will leave you feeling inspired, with some great tips, a new skillset and some fabulous photos for the album.
- Learn new skills that will help bring out the best in your photography with local photography expert Suzanne Kentish.
- Suits all photographic abilities.
- Any smartphone or compact camera welcome.
- Explore an exciting environment full of varied subject matter, colour and something to offer everyone.
- A pleasant 5-mile walk.
- The walk involves set photographic challenges at each milestone, to focus your creative eye. You will be amazed at the images you produce when you are consciously aware. Suzanne will lend a guiding hand to help you improve your results.
CLICK THE TABS BELOW THE PHOTOS FOR MORE DETAILS.
THE BASIC ITINERARY
This is a 4hr event that will commence at 9.30am-1.30pm
St Mary The Virgin Church, Stoke Bruerne, Towcester NN12 7SB
Schedule of events:
- 9.30 am – 9.45 am – Introductions, check-in & briefing.
- Handout with ideas and inspiration for your photography challenge.
- 9.45am – 1.30pm
- Enjoy a guided walk with milestone photographic challenges.
- Don't worry, Suzanne will be there to guide with your photographic questions.
- You will be set an editing mission (should you choose to accept it!)
- We would love you to share your results within the private Facebook group and photographic prowess will be awarded.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Please bring along:-
- Something to take a photograph. This can range from a smartphone, tablet, iPad, compact camera (this workshop is not aimed for SLR users).
- Please ensure that all cameras are fully charged.
- Please check storage capacity on your phone/tablet prior to the workshop.
- Sensible shoes for walking in the countryside.
EXPERT PHOTOGRAPHER – SUZANNE KENTISH
Suzanne lives in Northamptonshire and absolutely loves photography! In fact, if you ask her anything about the topic she may go on for a while! Suzanne has been teaching photography at all levels for many years and you can find out more on the services she provides on the website, or Facebook Page. She knows her stuff and also has a passion for walking and the outdoors, a perfect combination for this particular venture!
JULIA DOHERTY – ADVENTURE GEEK
Julia is well known in the area for her sense of adventure. Julia runs a local walking club which includes adventures such as secret hidden gardens, walking backwards (yes, that is a thing!), discovering geocaches in unusual places or bone crypts! If there is a rope swing to be found on a walk then Julia will encourage people to have a go!
The photo walk is going to be fun!
ABOUT THE WALK – grade: Moderate Route
This walk has something for everyone. The peacefulness of the water on the canal, the open fields and of course the sheep!
We pass through quaint villages with thatched roofs and see if you can spot the thatched art of ducks being chased by a fox and a pair of boxing hares.
There are a few hills to climb and a couple of stiles that we need to navigate, but apart from that, there is nothing too challenging about this route.
I will remind everyone to look back and enjoy the view on a few occasions!
NEED TO KNOW
Due to insurance purposes, the minimum age limit is 16 years (no upper age limit applies).
- As this is a popular event, we are unable to process any refunds if you cancel within 14 days of the event.
Food & Drink
Please note we do not supply any food or drinks for this day walk, however, there will be refreshments back at the main base (hot drink and biscuits).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on this class.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event.
Adventure Geek does not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant. By taking part in this event, you agree to do so at your own risk.