KAYAK & HIKE THE NORWEGIAN FJORDS
HIKE, KAYAK AND WILD CAMP THE NORWEGIAN FJORDS.
Kayak through Nærøyfjord, the wildest and most stunning arm of the beautiful Sognefjord Paddle past sheer cliff faces, snow-dipped mountains, majestic waterfalls, rustic farms, and the occasional nosy seal. Day two we hike to the Breiskrednosi summit above the Nærøyfjord and get a spectacular view of the fjord from above. Wild camp under the stars on the water's edge and feast on supper prepared by your guide over the campfire.
DATES: 16th-19th June 2022 (3 nights)
Closing date: 31st January 2022
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED, GO TAKE A HIKE!
Find out more by clicking the tabs below the photos.
Out of stock
We fly to Bergen where we will be met by our English speaking guide. Our first night is spent in a typical Norwegian Hostel before we embark on the adventure the following day. Swimming with the seals, kayaking alongside breathtaking waterfalls as we gently paddle our way along the beautiful Nærøyfjord. This adventure includes a 13-mile hike, going 1000m above the fjord, to reach the Breiskrednosi summit. Wild camping and alfresco meals along the way (gear and meals provided),
Your package will include:
- A qualified walk leader, plus a local English speaking tour guide.
- 1 night in a hostel and 2 nights camping at the fjord edge.
- Breakfast and dinner cooked over a campfire, plus sandwiches for lunch.
- Free membership to the AG Orange Club (for a discount on additional training hikes in 2022).
- Kit list & training plan.
- Everything you need for camping and kayaking is provided, including wet suits, tents etc (although you can bring your own if you so wish).
- Access to the WhatsApp Group for this adventure.
Your package will not include:
- Flights (we can arrange this for you, with additional airport parking /airport hotels, at an additional cost).
- Personal expenses
- Some meals (as described)
- Travel insurance
COVID REFUND GUARANTEED
If your trip is cancelled due to Covid choose from free date changes, account credit, or a full refund.
Full Financial Protection: Your money is safe. Every booking is fully financially protected.
WHAT OUR COVID REFUND GUARANTEE INCLUDES:
If your trip is cancelled by Adventure Geek at any time up to the day of departure you will be offered the option to:
- Move to a new date.
- Convert your booking into account credit – which can be put towards any future adventure of your choice.
- Get a full refund. We process 100% of refunds within 14 days.
If your trip is going ahead but you need to cancel 30 days or less before departure due to Covid-19 we agree to waive our normal cancellation terms and offer you the option to move to a new date, convert to account credit or a full refund in the event that:
- You are prevented from travelling due to your government banning non-essential travel to the destination.
- You are prevented from travelling due to a national or local lockdown.
- You are prevented from travelling due to quarantine requirements on your return.
WHAT OUR COVID REFUND GUARANTEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Your normal cancellation terms will apply if you need to cancel your trip for the following reasons:
- You or a family member is diagnosed with Covid and you are required to self-isolate, which prevents you from travelling.
- A close relative is diagnosed with Covid and you are required to care for them.
- You are denied boarding to your flight due to failing Covid checks.
- You are unable to join your trip due to not fully complying with the testing or vaccination requirements to enter the destination country.
We recommend customers take out travel insurance with specific Covid-19 cancellation and curtailment provision which is now available from many reputable providers.
You really do not need any kayaking experience and your guide will give you full instructions with a safety briefing at the start. You’ll just need reasonable levels of fitness to handle approx 25km of relaxed paddling over two days, a day of hiking and be up for camping out overnight.
The hike is not for beginners and is very challenging, particularly if it is or has been wet. We would only recommend this hike if you are an active person with hiking experience. It just takes a bit of time getting up the steep section but don’t worry, it’s no race to the top.
The route is about 10km each way, making a total hike of 20.7km. The elevation is sea level to 1,189m and quite steep in places. The hike is about 8 to 11 hours return, with an awesome view from the ridge at the top to the fjord below.
TO PREPARE YOU FOR THIS ADVENTURE, WE ALSO INCLUDE:-
- A training plan (optional)
- A kit list
- A preparation evening, so everyone can meet everyone beforehand, and Julia will talk through things such as health and safety, the terrain, what to expect, transport arrangements.
- You will also be invited to join the WhatsApp Group so we can share photos and use this as a communication channel.
DAY 1 – Meet your crew
Wave goodbye to the office and head to Bergen where you'll be met at the airport and transferred to your accommodation in either Voss or Bergen. After settling into your hostel, head out to grab dinner locally, then it’s time for a good night’s sleep before hitting the water tomorrow.
Day 2 – Kayaking the Nærøyfjord
Kayaking fr 4-5 hours · 12km
Grab breakfast and then head to the put-in point at Gudvangen. Get your paddle gear set up before heading out for the first day of unforgettable paddling down the beautiful Nærøyfjord. Arrive at the campsite in the late afternoon for a well-deserved break, enjoy the stunning scenery, eat and make merry around the campfire. There is also the option of going for a short walk to get a better view of the fjord from above.
Day 3 – Hike to the highlands 1000m above the fjord
Hiking for 10-11hrs · 20.7km · 1530m up · 1530m down
Wake up in a Norwegian paradise and enjoy a leisurely breakfast before packing your bag, ready for the day’s hike. Your aim is to reach the Breiskrednosi summit above the Nærøyfjord and get a spectacular view of the fjord from above. After reaching the top and enjoying some great views of the fjord, it’s time to head back down to your campsite and dinner round the campfire before another night under the stars.
Day 4 – Kayak past cliff faces and waterfalls before heading home
Kayak for 4 – 5 hours · 12km
Continue kayaking north along the Nærøyfjord, exploring magnificent cliffs and remote waterfalls, keeping your eye out for seals along the way. Arrive mid-afternoon at the remote village of Undredal, before heading to the airport in time for your flight home.