SAND, SEA AND THE HOLKHAM FOOD FESTIVAL
September 3rd 2022
Early bird discount for five lucky peeps.
- If you love the sea, good hiking and fabulous food then this is a weekend adventure not to be missed!
- 10.5-mile hike on Saturday 3rd September along the stunning coastline towards Burnham Overy Staithe.
- A real mix of terrain from raised walkways over salt marshes, little harbours, open fields, woodlands and sand dunes.
- Our final destination is the beautiful Holkham Hall which is hosting the North Norfolk Food & Drinks Festival on the grounds of their Walled Garden. We'll aim to make it to the Park in good time to sample some of what's on offer! It's free to enter the park on both days.
- This walk is guided by Rebecca Dearing, AG walk leader.
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED
Find out more by clicking the tabs below the photos.
Out of stock
Want to be notified when this product is back in stock?
8.45 am – Please arrive nice and early for your walker's briefing. If this is your first walk then please try to arrive by 8.30 am for your new walker's health briefing. Full details are supplied upon booking.
HOLKHAM TRAIL – 10.5 MILES
9.00 am – We will set off at 9 am sharp.
The walk takes us down Lady Anne's Drive towards the beach where we get to follow the stunning coastline from Holkham towards Burnham Overy Staithe. We can even have a paddle and walk along the sea for anyone that likes getting their toes wet!
We eventually make our way inland through the dunes, via the raised walkways through the salt marshlands, past the little harbour, and across the fields from Burnham Overy Staithe to Burnham Overy. The walk continues through fields and woodland until we meet the West Gates Entrance to Holkham Park where we'll head towards our final destination, the beautiful Holkham Hall.
Distance: Approximately 10.5 miles
North Norfolk Food & Drinks Festival (optional)
This weekend Holkham Park will be host to the North Norfolk Food & Drinks Festival on the grounds of their Walled Garden. We'll aim to make it to the Park in good time to sample some of what's on offer! It's free to enter the park on both days.
The much-loved North Norfolk Food and Drink Festival features 65 artisan producers selling everything delightful and delicious from gin to chocolate, bread to cheese and chutney to brownies.