Walking and Yoga Workshop – 24th June 2019
Boost your energy, quieten mental chatter and embrace the present moment with this Adventure walk followed by a Yin Yoga Session.
The practice of Yin Yoga is a modern practice, based on an ancient tradition and is becoming well known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and together they can prove to be highly effective. Join us for this refreshing three-hour workshop comprising a walk in the beautiful Northamptonshire countryside, followed by refreshments and a Yin Yoga session.
THE BASIC ITINERARY
This is a 3-hour event that will commence at 10 am – 1pm
Sawpits Centre, The Town Hall, 86 Watling Street, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 6BS
Schedule of events:
- 10 am – 10.05 am – Introductions and warm up
- 10.10am-11.45am – 5-mile walk, led by Adventure Geek aka Julia Doherty
- 11.45am-12pm – After the walk, we will return to our base for a warm drink and a quick change into comfortable clothing (leggings, tops and socks) ready for the Yin Yoga session.
- 12 pm – 1 pm – Yin Yoga session with Red Hat Yoga aka Caron Lindley.
- 1.30 pm – We either wave goodbye or go to the pub!
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
For the walk:-
- Walking shoes or boots
- If you are a Nordic Walker then please bring your poles
- A drink and snacks
- Please be prepared to bring wet weather gear
- Your phone or camera to take some awesome photos!
Yin Yoga Session
- Loose comfortable clothing for yoga
- Layers to adjust your own temperature
- A yoga mat
- Blanket, pillow and cushion
Red Hat Yoga & Wellbeing Teacher, Caron Lindley, will guide us through a series of standing stretches to prep the body for our walk.
After the walk, you’ll be ready Yin! Yin Yoga is a meditative, floor-based practice. Postures are selected to release stiff joints, tight muscles and deep connective tissues. Yin is the perfect companion to walking as the practice will stretch out those tight areas in the legs, back and shoulders. Postures are held for 1 – 5 minutes so you can relax into the stretches while you are guided mindfully to become still and peaceful.
Postures will be adapted for health conditions.
We will ask you to complete and submit this on-line health form before attending the event.
Parking: All parking in Towcester is free of charge, however, there are some time constraints on certain car parks. If possible, I would recommend parking at the Tove Long Stay Car Park, Northampton Road, Towcester and then walk down to the town hall (it's about a 5 min walk).
This is a lovely medium walk which is set from Towcester. We will encompass woods, fields and lovely ford to cross and a little bit of history. During this walk we will also be experimenting with a bit of “backwards walking” which is great for different muscle groups as well as many other benefits.
This walk is suitable for people of all abilities as the walk is fairly even. We will encompass:-
- Nice wide bridleways
- We will view Eaton Neston Manor House and take our time at the gorgeous church. Spot the squirrels and various foliage will be pointed out to you on this walk.
- Lush green meadows
- There are often cattle and sheep on this trail.
We guarantee that you will feel rejuvenated after this walk and ready for your Yin Yoga session to stretch out those muscles.
NEED TO KNOW
Due to insurance purposes, the minimum age limit is 18 years (no upper age limit applies).
- As this is a popular event, we are unable to process any refunds if you cancel within 14 days of the event.
Food & Drink
Please note we do not supply any food or drinks for this day walk, however, there will be refreshments back at the main base (hot drink and biscuits).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek or Red Hat Yoga organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking and Yoga are both physically active sports. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on this class.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Adventure Geek or Red Hat Yoga do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant. By taking part in this event, you agree to do so at your own risk.