HADRIAN’S WALL 2021
Have you ever dreamed of walking Hadrian's Wall?
DATES: 2nd-9th August 2021
- Includes daily guide & Hadrian's Wall passport
- 84 mile guided long-distance walk from coast to coast.
- Raise money for Willen Hospice
- Price includes accommodation, daily transport, qualified guide, passport & map, organised training hikes.
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED
Out of stock
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL
- NEED TO KNOW
- RAISING MONEY FOR WILLEN HOSPICE
Walking the full 84 miles (135km) of Hadrian’s Wall Path is a delightful trip from coast to coast in England, taking in the remains of the Roman wall, built to keep the Scots out of England. In its day, the wall was a remarkable edifice and well-preserved sections of it still remain today along with several museums dedicated to taking you back to those heady days.
It is one of Britain’s most popular long-distance walks and one of the most pleasant to walk of the National Trails in the UK. Hadrian's Wall Path is extremely well waymarked, therefore, you can choose to walk with Julia, or if you prefer to start with the group and then venture off on your own then we will simply communicate via issued radio's or WhatsApp to make sure that everyone is safe.
We walk through some of the wildest and most beautiful scenery in England and enjoy regular viewings of forts, castles, turrets, museums and visitor centres all along the wall. It will be a journey of discovery in more ways than one.
Your Adventure Will Include:
- Walking with a small group of no more than 15 people.
- Accommodation and transport back and forth to the trail head each day.
- A very friendly, welcoming, fully qualified and experienced walk leader on the ground to guide you the way.
- Medical support for minor medical needs. (All guides carry a first aid kit and are first aid qualified).
- A pre-walk training day with a presentation explaining the itinerary, what to expect and answering all of your questions.
- A daily guide book and full packing list.
- A Hadrian's Wall Passport (Collecting all seven stamps from the stamping stations along the way entitles you to buy the exclusive purple enamel badge and achievers' certificate)
Your Adventure does not include:-
- Insurance (you will need your own travel insurance).
- Evening meals
- Travel to Newcastle / back from Carlisle (although we will assist you with the arrangements)
Immerse yourself in history along Hadrian's Wall as you join Julia on one of her many adventures. This is a truly fascinating and rewarding walk in England, as we make our way across a whole country from the east coast to the west coast alongside one of Britain’s iconic landmarks.
This route is absolutely stunning but does have its challenges with a few steep parts, which means that you will need a good level of fitness to get the most enjoyment from walking the route.
To prepare you for this hike, we also include:-
- A training plan (optional)
- A kit list
- A preparation evening, so everyone can meet everyone beforehand, and Julia will talk through things such as health and safety, the terrain, what to expect, transport arrangements.
- You will also be invited to join the WhatsApp or Facebook Group so we can share photos and use this as a communication channel.
NEED TO KNOW
If you have walked a long-distance walk with Julia previously then you may be aware that some of her adventures are vlogged, journaled and often end up as books which are sold on the website / Amazon etc. Signing up for this walk will mean that you may end up in the book, or the vlog, however, we please let us know beforehand if you do not want to be included in this media.
Adventure Geek Walks are open to anyone over the age of 10. However, anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Food & Drink
Please note we do not supply any food or drinks for this day walk, you will need to fend for yourself.
I am afraid dogs are not allowed on this trip, unless they are registered assistance dogs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
- Deposits of this event are non-refundable.
- If you cancel within 4 weeks of the event then no refunds are available.
We will be travelling to Newcastle for the start of our journey and return from Carlisle, so check out flights and train times before you commit to booking your trip. We will discuss travelling up together during the training weekend.
If you are coming from outside of the UK, you will need to know the closest airports to fly into. The best places to arrive would be either Manchester or Newcastle airports. Newcastle is right where you want to be for the start, while Manchester is 3-4 hours away. You can also fly to Newcastle Airport from London, which may make the journey a lot quicker. Note: The nearest airport to Carlisle is also Newcastle.
By Public Transport
Newcastle and Carlisle are both well serviced by all major rail and bus companies. The best way to find out how to get here is to check out Traveline which will give you all the details you will need to know.
RAISING MONEY FOR WILLEN HOSPICE
This particular adventure is working in partnership with Willen Hospice, Milton Keynes.
Raise money for a fantastic cause. You may find some days on this challenge difficult, but it’s nothing compared to what our patients are facing. Without our free, compassionate care, they would have to face that alone, but with your help we can be there for everyone who needs us. Dawn Clark, Challenges Fundraiser, will be on hand at all times to help you with your fundraising.
This challenge is COVID-19 secure, and you’ll be walking in a small group.
Costs and fees
There is a registration fee of £100 payable by each person at the time of booking, then there are two fundraising options:
1) Fundraising: Pay £100 registration fee and fundraise at least £575
2) Self-funded: Pay £100 registration fee and self-fund the trip costs of £575
We’ll support you with your fundraising to help you stay motivated and on track.