COTSWOLDS LOOP – VIA BROADWAY TOWER
March 21st, 2020 – 10am-3.30pm (ish)
A lovely scenic guided walk in the Cotswolds starting at the quaint village of Snowshill. Visiting Broadway town and Broadway Tower.
- 9 miles guided circular walk.
- Stop for lunch in Broadway
- Tea and cake break at Broadway Tower
- Finish the day at Snowshill Manor, National Trust.
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED
Find out more by clicking the tabs below the photos.
THE BASIC ITINERARY
Saturday, March 21st, 2020.
This is a 5-hour event that will commence at 10.00 am – 3.00pm
Meeting Place: Snowshill National Trust Car Park.
Schedule of events:
- 10.00 am – Introductions and check-in, briefing
- 10.15 am – approx 9-mile walk, led by Adventure Geek aka Julia Doherty
- 12 pm (ish) – Lunch break in the picturesque Cotswold town of Broadway.
- 2.00 pm (ish) – Cafe break at Broadway Tower
- 3.30 pm – Circular back through the woods to Snowshill, where we will spend some time at the National Trust Property before driving home.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
For the walk:-
- Walking shoes or boots
- Walking poles (if you use poles then I would highly recommend bringing them on this walk as it is steep in areas).
- A drink and snacks
- Please be prepared to bring wet weather gear
- Your phone or camera to take some awesome photos!
PLACES OF INTEREST
SNOWSILL MANOR NATIONAL TRUST
Watch the video below to find out more.
From snuff-boxes to suits of armor, masks to musical instruments, Snowshill Manor is a treasure trove of quirky and curious objects. The collection was the work of Charles Paget Wade, a man fascinated by anything hand-crafted and made with skill.
BROADWAY & BROADWAY TOWER
A QUINTESSENTIALLY ENGLISH COUNTRY DESTINATION
Broadway Tower is a privately-owned Cotswold destination set within a 50-acre estate of woods and parkland, allowing visitors to experience great English heritage in an inspiring location.
- Explore the three floors of the tower and learn of its history
- Enjoy a hazelnut hot chocolate in front of the roaring fire, or perhaps a glass of wine on the terrace at the Morris and Brown Cafe.
- Those who are feeling rather adventurous can take the tour of the Nuclear Bunker (depending on opening times).
NEED TO KNOW
Food & Drink
Please note we do not supply any food or drinks for this day walk, however, we do provide sweets at the halfway point of the walk.
- Guided walk
- Sweets on the trail
- Qualified walk leader who is outdoor first aid trained.
- As this is a popular event, we are unable to process any refunds if you cancel within 14 days of the event.
- 10 loyalty points awarded for Adventure Geek Members.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on this walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Adventure Geek does not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant. By taking part in this event, you agree to do so at your own risk.