CONISTON WALK WITH STEAM YACHT EXPERIENCE (8 miles)
Have you ever wanted to explore the wonders of the Lake District?
DATES: 24th – 26th April 2020
- Includes Gondola Steam Cruise ticket.
- 12 km (8 miles) guided walk through Beacon Fell and Coniston shoreline.
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED
Find out more by clicking the tabs below the photos.
YOUR HASSLE-FREE ADVENTURE INCLUDES:
- Steamboat cruise ticket
- A guided 12.2km (approx 8 miles) walk around some of the most amazing scenery in the Lake District.
- A very friendly, welcoming, fully qualified and experienced walk leader on the ground to guide you the way.
- Medical support for minor medical needs. (All guides carry a first aid kit and are first aid qualified).
- A pre-walk training day with a presentation explaining the itinerary, what to expect and answering all of your questions.
Accommodation is not included in the price. Therefore please check the availability of your accommodation before you book your adventure.
The Adventure Geek crew will be staying at the YHA Coniston, Holy How. Prices vary depending on your requirements. Chose from a bunk bed in a shared dorm to a private room, or even a land pod (see photo) or a tipi!
An alternative is YHA Coniston, Coppermines. There are not as many options at this hostel and it is a little bit further from the start of the walk.
Note: If you would like Adventure Geek to book your accommodation for you then an admin fee of £5 will be added to the price of the book.
The Route and Fitness Levels
The walk takes you up to 200m above sea level on clearly defined paths with some short, quite steep climbs and easy descents. Conditions underfoot can be wet at certain times of the year but the views are more than rewarding.
The route then follows the lakeshore path and is very straightforward but also has wonderful views. The timings given are for a fit pensioner, and we will regroup often.
Note: We always have a tail walker for all of our walks, so that no-one is left behind.
This route is absolutely stunning but does have its challenges with a few steep parts.
To prepare you for this hike, we also include:-
- A training plan (optional)
- A kit list
- A preparation evening, so everyone can meet everyone beforehand, and Julia will talk through things such as health and safety, the terrain, what to expect, transport arrangements.
- You will also be invited to join the WhatsApp or Facebook Group so we can share photos and use this as a communication channel.
NEED TO KNOW
Adventure Geek Walks are open to anyone over the age of 10. However, anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Food & Drink
Please note we do not supply any food or drinks for this day walk, you will need to fend for yourself.
I am afraid dogs are not allowed on this trip, unless they are registered assistance dogs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
Dogs are welcome on the majority of our walks, however, we kindly ask that only one dog per walker and that the welfare of the animal remains your responsibility throughout your walk. On occasion, we may add a note of “No dogs allowed” on specific walks (usually those with cattle), please respect this note.
- Deposits of this event are non-refundable.
- If you cancel within 10 days of the event then no refunds are available.