CAMINO INGLÈS – 2021
£890.00 – £950.00
The Camino is not just a walking holiday, it's a vacation, a vacation from life. Join us on this magical trail for an experience of a lifetime walking 72 miles (116km) from Ferrol to Santiago de Compostella. Collect stamps along the way in your Camino credential then claim your Compestella / certificate of achievement from the Pilgrim Office in Santiago!
DATES: 1st – 8th September 2021
- Includes flights, accommodation (bed and breakfast) and transfers.
- An experienced guide on the ground.
- A fitness plan, plus training hikes to get you ready for your challenge.
- A workshop so you have a full understanding of the Camino.
- You will receive a Camino starter pack, including shell, peace pebble, guide, Camino passport.
- NB: Prices are subject to availability and change.
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED, GO TAKE A HIKE!
Find out more by clicking the tabs below the photos.
- DIFFICULTY LEVEL
- NEED TO KNOW
- BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
- Extend Your Stay
- COSTS EXPLAINED
Camino De Santiago Challenge 2021
This is an all-inclusive challenge which will take you on a magical journey to Santiago De Compostella. Upon completion of the trail, you will receive a certificate of achievement from the Pilgrim Office in Santiago.
From medieval cities to enchanted forests, you'll be surrounded by the beauty of ancient Northern Spain on this once-in-a-lifetime challenge.
The Camino de Santiago in Northern Spain is more than just a trail. Its origins of an ancient pilgrimage carry through to modern-day times, where, although the incentive may no longer be religious, the journey is just as spiritual.
No matter who you are, where are you are from, or your reasons for walking, whether it’s in memory of someone or it has always been on your bucket list, it’s hard not to feel moved by this journey.
YOUR ADVENTURE WILL INCLUDE:
- Return flights from Stansted.
- 9 nights accommodation (including bed and breakfast)
- Transfer from Santiago airport to the start of the trail.
- Transfer from Santiago City to the airport.
- Daily baggage transfer service, so that you only need to carry a day pack.
- Walking with a small group of no more than 15 people.
- A very friendly, welcoming, fully qualified and experienced walk leader on the ground to guide you the way.
- Medical support for minor medical needs. (All guides carry a first aid kit and are first aid qualified).
- A pre-walk training day with a presentation explaining the itinerary, what to expect and answering all of your questions.
- A daily guide book and full packing list.
- A Camino Passport (Celebrate your journey and record your achievement by getting your passport stamped at along the route, which will allow you to claim your certificate in Santiago)
YOUR ADVENTURE DOES NOT INCLUDE:-
- Travel Insurance
- Evening meals
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses (such as your bar bill)
- Discretionary tips
Your flights and accommodation will be arranged personally for you by Steph Billson – Not Just Travel (Approved Adventure Geek travel agent).
When you book your adventure, Steph will confirm the terms and conditions of your package including any amendment and cancellation options and fees.
This means that you can be confident knowing that although you’ve booked and confirmed your adventure, you can still make changes for flights and accommodation.
NB: A few of the accommodation options may require payment directly to the venue.
NB: Please note a further deposit will be payable to Not Just Travel at time of confirmation of your travel arrangements.
Let the journey begin…
Day 1 – Travelling day
We fly into Santiago airport and then make our way by bus to Ferrol. Ferrol is one of Spain’s hidden gems, with excellent seafood and friendly locals. The evening is yours to do with as you wish however, make sure to be back at the hotel for a briefing to prepare you for the following day's walk.
Day 2 – Ferrol to Neda – 9.5 miles / 15km
We’ll be up early to take our first steps on the trail, starting at 9am by the Camino Ingles milestone. From here, the Camino arrows will lead the way. Today's walk is fairly easy, flat ground with the estuary as your companion. Much of the route is through lovely parks and on tarmac paths.
Day 3 – Neda to Pontedeume – 10 miles / 16km
Today's walk is approximately ten miles, but it is quite challenging with a few steep hills. We walk through the historic town of Neda and onward over the hills to cross the Eume River before finding our way into the medieval town of Pontedeume. We will take our time today with lots of opportunities to catch our breath and take plenty of photos.
Day 4 – Pontedeume to Betanzos – 13 miles / 21km
From Pontedeume, the trail climbs up to give spectacular views over Betanzos, Ares, and Ferrol. The trail continues to Miño by way of a medieval stone bridge over the Baxoi river. We will then travel along the coast to the Lambre river, on a path that holds beautiful views of the Rias de Betanzos and the surrounding marshlands. The town of Betanzos has some of the most interesting and artistic, historical buildings in Galicia.
Day 5 – Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma – 17.40 miles / 28.3km
Today is one of the most challenging days, but also the most rewarding. The day starts along a moderate trail, and the second part of the day we will be walking up steep hills. Today we say goodbye to the sea as we start to make our way inland.
Day 6 – Hospital de Bruma to Sigüeiro – 15.5 miles / 24.8km
Today we will be walking through the beautiful Galacian forest, where we’ll pass a bizarre sculpture park which includes a life-sized dinosaur!
Day 7 – Sigüeiro to Santiago 9.8 miles / 15.84km
Spirits will be high today as in a few hours we will be walking into the central plaza of Santiago De Compostella, feeling a real sense of achievement. Today, you will experience an enchanted forest stroll, and we will encourage you all to stop at the last church before arriving in Santiago. You will not see the Cathedral until you turn the final corner and this magnificent building then dominates its surroundings. You did it! You walked over 100 km! Now it’s time to collect your certificate and spend a few quiet moments reflecting on your journey during the last six days.
Of all the Camino trails, the Inglés is probably one of the less challenging routes. The first few days are fairly flat as we weave along the coast / around lakes and large parks. As we work our way through Galacia there are a few steep hills (especially as you climb out of a sleep Spanish village), but there are no big mountains to climb. If you are able to comfortably walk 9 miles in one day, then you can easily complete this trail.
To prepare you for this hike, we also include:-
- A training plan (optional, although we strongly encourage you to join our training hikes).
- A kit list
- A preparation evening, so everyone can meet everyone beforehand, and Julia will talk through things such as health and safety, the terrain, what to expect, transport arrangements.
- You will also be invited to join the WhatsApp or Facebook Group so we can share photos and use this as a communication channel.
NEED TO KNOW
NEED TO KNOW
Julia Doherty is a confident walk leader, an experienced navigator and long-distance hiker, so you can book with confidence.
APPROVED TRAVEL AGENT – STEPH BILLSON (NOTJUSTTRAVEL)
As your Personal Travel Expert, I'm here to make planning your next Adventure Geek holiday stress-free and easy. From the whole package to those finishing touches such as booking extra meals etc, I've got you covered!
Have a chat with me
I'm available to call any time and happy to arrange a personal meeting to discuss your ideas with you. Get in touch today: 07368 624 789
NB – Please note your travel arrangements will be subject to separate Terms and Conditions, the details of which will be fully explained and provided at the time of booking.
If you have walked a long-distance walk with Julia previously then you may be aware that some of her adventures are vlogged, journaled and often end up as books which are sold on the website / Amazon etc. Signing up for this walk will mean that you may end up in the book, or the vlog, however, we please let us know beforehand if you do not want to be included in this media.
Adventure Geek Walks are open to anyone over the age of 10. However, anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
I am afraid dogs are not allowed on this trip, unless they are registered assistance dogs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
- Deposits of this event are non-refundable.
- If you cancel within 4 weeks of the event then no refunds are available.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Payment options are available for each package.
Not Just Travel (Agency) Ltd, sells travel services on behalf of Hays Travel Limited and benefits from Hays Travel’s membership of ABTA with membership number K9413.
ABTA and ABTA Members help holidaymakers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct.
Extend Your Stay
Fancy extending your adventure to explore what more Northern Spain has to offer? Speak to Steph Billson at time of confirming your travel arrangements for some of the many options available. Here’s a couple to think about.
Spend a couple of extra days exploring the historic city of Santiago De Compostela.
Explore the Northern Spain Coastal are with a train journey from Santiago De Compostela to Bilbao. A number of options are available including the Luxury Costa Verdi Express as featured on Channel 5’s World’s Most Scenic Railways.
Kick back, relax and chill on one of Northern Spain’s Spectacular Beaches.
This is a joint venture between Adventure Geek and Not Just Travel (part of the Hayes Group).
ADVENTURE GEEK COSTS – £280
- Experienced guide for the whole trip.
- Training plan, kit list, organised training walks, information evening.
- Camino starter pack (pebble, guide, shell).
- Luggage transfer (optional) – £60.00
- Deposit of non-refundable deposit of £100 paid initially. The balance will be due 10 weeks before we leave.
- Payment plans are optional if you wish to spread the costs.
NOT JUST TRAVEL WITH STEPH BILLSON
- Personal/bespoke plan depending on your needs.
- Accommodation, flights and transfers.
- NJT will require a deposit to secure the flights/accommodation, and the balance is due 14 weeks before we fly. This will be confirmed at time of booking