CAMINO CASTILE – 2023 (Stage 3)
The Camino is not just a walking holiday, it's a vacation from life. Join us on this magical trail for an experience of a lifetime as we explore the wine region of Spain. We walk through vineyards, olive orchards and an endless stream of cute Spanish villages.
DATES: 25th Sept to 1st October 2023 (dependant on flights being released)
- Includes accommodation, private transfers, some meals, and luggage transfer.
- An experienced guide on the ground.
- A fitness plan, plus optional training hikes to get you ready for your challenge.
- A workshop so you have a complete understanding of the Camino.
- You will receive a Camino starter pack, including a Camino shell, peace pebble, guide, and Camino passport.
- This package does NOT include flights (although we will happily advise and assist you with this).
- A single supplement or upgrade to a private room is available upon request.
GET OUTSIDE AND GET INSPIRED, GO TAKE A HIKE!
Find out more by clicking the tabs below the photos.
3 in stock
The Camino Frances is the most famous Camino route, walked by millions of pilgrims from all over the globe since the Middle Ages. More than just a pilgrimage, the Camino is a unique social and cultural experience and a truly memorable adventure.
Follow in the footsteps of medieval pilgrims, walking the third stage of the French Way. Starting from Logroño in the wine-growing region of the Rioja, you walk through undulating vineyards and fields dotted with small brooks and oak woods until you reach the Oca Mountains. Then you descend into the valley of the Pico river and reach the medieval city of Burgos, with its impressive Gothic Cathedral. Along the way, you will pass castles, monasteries and charming Spanish villages. One of the highlights of this section is the town of Santo Domingo de la Calzada with its historic centre, an important stop for pilgrims on the Camino since the Middle Ages.
Day 1 – Travel Day
- Depart from Gatwick Airport and fly to Bilbao via Vueling airlines
- Private transfer to Logrono
- Nice hotel in Logrono (Sercotel Portales)
Day 2 – Logrono to Najera (16.7 miles)
Day 3 – Najera to Santa Domingo (13 miles)
Day 4 – Santa Domingo to Belorado (13.7 miles)
Day 5 – Belorado to San Juan de Ortega (14.9 miles)
Day 6 – San Juan de Ortega to Burgos (15.5 miles)
Day 7 – Travel home
The Camino attracts a wide range of pilgrims from around the world who walk for many different reasons. This is the stage for you if you are a wine lover as it is dominated by vineyards!
This walk is graded moderate and includes daily walks of 19-30km (11-18 miles) so you will be walking for between 5 and 8 hours each day. The trail consists of a mixture of dirt tracks, minor roads and footpaths. Despite the fact that the ascents and descents are for the majority fairly small, the terrain is fairly easy. It is graded moderate as walking day after day is a challenge in itself.
Our Camino Frances guided tour includes small rural hotels and hostels close to the route of the Camino. The price is based on twin room sharing (although there is a supplement should you wish to upgrade to a private room).
Meals – Breakfast is included at some hotels and hostels. Breakfast is often a light continental breakfast, which can sometimes just be coffee, bread and orange juice.
Lunch and dinner are not included so you are free to choose from the available options. We will experience a pilgrims menu which is usually three courses, including wine and water (all for around €10-€12).
👍 A walking guide on the ground (qualified and first aider)
👍 6 nights of accommodation (with some meals included)
👍 Baggage Transfers.
👍 Private transfers to and from the airport.
👍 Camino guide book, Camino Passport, Peace Pebble.
👍 Access to the Adventure Geek Smartphone App.
👍 Access to the class of 2023 “orange club”, which gives you first dibs to the training walks before they are released to the public along with a discount.
❌ Return travel (flights) to France/Spain.
❌ Lunches, dinners (optional), snacks or drinks.
❌ Travel Insurance.
❌ Personal Equipment.
❌ Taxi transfers or public transport should you need to skip a stage.
Our full terms and conditions of the holiday can be found here.
Adventure Geek is working in partnership with Kriss Saunders from ARC Divers Ltd , T/A Arc Adventure. The terms with regards to accommodation will fall under Arc Adventure terms as follows:-
- Visa charges & Travel Insurance are not included in the cost.
- Any meals and services unless mentioned in the itinerary are not included.
- The hotels and services as mentioned are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in mentioned hotels, alternate accommodation will be arranged in a similar category hotel. Rates may change in case of change in hotel rates, transport rates or entrance fees & airport taxes Rates are not valid during trade fairs, exhibitions and special events. A surcharge will be levied Check in time is 1400 hrs and Check out time is 12noon. Early check-in/ late checkout is subject to availability.
Paying for your Holiday
When you make your booking you must pay a non-refundable deposit of £100 per person.
The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid not later than 12 weeks before your departure date.
Where bookings are made within 12 weeks of departure the whole of the holiday charge is payable at the time of booking.
If you cancel your holiday
You or any member of your party may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. If you need to cancel your holiday you must tell us as soon as possible. Written notification from the person who made the booking must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements and the risk that we will not be able to resell your holiday, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows (see also the exception below):
|Period before departure in which you notify us||Cancellation charge|
|More than 70 days||Deposit only|
|Between 70 and 57 days||30% of holiday cost|
|More than 56 days||Deposit only|
|Between 56 and 43 days||50% of holiday cost|
|Between 42 and 15 days||80% of holiday cost|
|Within 14 days or after departure||100% of holiday cost|
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
Our Refund Guarantee
- If we have to cancel your holiday for any reason, we will always aim to offer you an alternative or a full refund.
- Before the balance due date, if you need to cancel your booking, our standard loss of deposit cancellation terms as per our booking conditions apply.
- After the balance due date, if you need to cancel your booking, our standard cancellation terms as per our booking conditions apply. If your reason for cancellation is covered by insurance, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
- When you first make your booking, we may need to commit to certain services straight away to secure your holiday. These might include paying for flights that need to be booked and paid for up-front, or even costs to confirm specific accommodation or excursions. We’ll tell you about these costs at the time of booking and they will form part of your non-refundable deposit.
- As your holiday departure date draws near, there may be other costs we pay in advance, to our ground handlers, to secure services such as accommodation, transport, or entrance tickets and these are described as non-recoverable costs. These costs will vary depending on your chosen holiday and how close to the departure you cancel your booking, but generally, the closer to your departure date, the more costs we may have committed to and subsequently, the less we will be able to refund.