- This event has passed.
SAPPHIRE WALK – DAVENTRY GUSHER TRAIL | 3 MILES | EASY | NORTHANTS
March 6 @ 9:45 am - 12:30 pm GMT
ABOUT THE WALK:
The sapphire walks are short in length and the pace will be much slower than a regular AG walk (approximately 22-28 minutes per mile / just over 1 mile per hour). We will walk at your pace, and there will always be a tail walker so that no-one gets left behind.
Just lookout for the “blue” coloured walks.
This is a quick walk that takes in the delights of Daventry and the little pocket parks that you may not have known existed. We start and end at Middlemore Pub, and it includes a section along the old railway line and along the reservoir.
Please arrive by 9.45 am we will set off at 10 am sharp. If this is your first AG walk, then please arrive nice and early and seek out the walk leader to receive your new walker briefing.
ROUND ROBIN: You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world but you have to leave immediately and cannot pack anything. Where are you going to go?
MEETING PLACE: Meet at Middlemore Pub Car Park.
Note: we often meet in places where there is no postcode, so we encourage you to use the What3Words app which will take you to the exact location.
Click the link above, then click “Navigate using Google Maps”
WALK LEADER(S): Tina Pamplin
IS THIS WALK DOG FRIENDLY? Yes, this walk is dog friendly. (no extension leads please, and only one dog per human)
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
* Good trainers or walking shoes (and other clothes of course!).
* A drink.
* Hand sanitiser
RULES TO KEEP YOU SAFE :
- We walk in all weathers, however, if we have a weather warning then the event will be cancelled.
- We will only ever walk in groups of 15 or less. If we have more than 15, we will usually have two walk leaders and walk in opposite directions.
- Sweets at the halfway stage – we call this “squidge and dip” – hand sanitiser, then dip in for your free sweets.
- Your walk leader is not allowed to carry personal possessions for you. Please bring a bag with drink/pockets to carry keys/hats/gloves etc (think about supporting the AG brand by purchasing an AG rucksack!).
- If you wish to bring any PPE, masks etc, please do. All walk leaders will also carry sanitiser, protective gloves and the first aid kit.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
Dogs are welcome on the majority of our walks, however, we kindly ask that only one dog per walker and that the welfare of the animal remains your responsibility throughout your walk. On occasion, we may add a note of “No dogs allowed” on specific walks (usually those with cattle), please respect this note.