*NEW* RAVENSTHORPE RESERVOIR & WOODS CIRCULAR | 3 MILES | EASY | NORTHANTS
January 26 @ 9:45 am - 11:30 am GMT
ABOUT THE WALK:
This is a fabulous new walk that includes a circular route around the reservoir and causeway. We weave through a wooded trail and up through a pretty orchard before circling back to the reservoir to finish the loop.
Please arrive by 9.45 am we will set off at 10 am sharp. If this is your first AG walk, then please arrive nice and early and seek out the walk leader to receive your new walker briefing. The walk leader will usually be wearing an AG baseball cap, or a yellow high vis vest.
If you are interested in purchasing any AG merchandise, or perhaps some snacks/water for the walk, then “Dave”, the AG mobile shop will be on-site from 9.15 am -9.40 am – the price list can be found here. If you are an AG Club member then there is no cash needed, we simply add the fee to your account.
MEETING PLACE: Meet at Ravensthorpe Reservoir Car Park.
Note: we often meet in places where there is no postcode, so we encourage you to use the What3Words app which will take you to the exact location.
Click the link above, then click “Navigate using Google Maps”
WALK LEADER(S): Julia Doherty
IS THIS WALK DOG FRIENDLY? Yes, this walk is dog friendly. (please remember to not bring extension leads)
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
* Good trainers or walking shoes (and other clothes of course!).
* A drink.
* Hand sanitiser
RULES TO KEEP YOU SAFE :
- We walk in all weathers, however, if we have a weather warning then the event will be cancelled.
- We will only ever walk in groups of 15 or less. If we have more than 15, we will have two walk leaders and walk in opposite directions.
- Sweets at the halfway stage – we call this “squidge and dip” – hand sanitiser, then dip in for your free sweets.
- Your walk leader is not allowed to carry personal possessions for you. Please bring a bag with drink/pockets to carry keys/hats/gloves etc (think about supporting the AG brand by purchasing an AG rucksack!).
- If you wish to bring and PPE, masks etc, please do. All walk leaders will also carry sanitiser, protective gloves and the first aid kit.
- From January, at the beginning of each walk, Dave (the mobile shop) will be present with hot tea/coffee/chocolate and snacks. These are free, however, there will be a donation tin available to help replenish the stock levels.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
Dogs are welcome on the majority of our walks, however, we kindly ask that only one dog per walker and that the welfare of the animal remains your responsibility throughout your walk. On occasion, we may add a note of “No dogs allowed” on specific walks (usually those with cattle), please respect this note.