- This event has passed.
MORNING MIRACLE TOWCESTER PARKS WALK | NORTHANTS | 3.2 MILES
November 5 @ 6:30 am - 7:45 am GMT
ABOUT THE WALK:
Start the day with fresh air in your lungs and good conversation! This is our first “Miracle Morning Walk” and is designed for people who enjoy a good sunrise, a fast-paced walk (around 18-19 minutes a mile) and would like to get some exercise before the working day.
Starting from the short stay car park, we will complete a loop around Towcester, which includes a little bit of history, a country thatched cottage in a surprise area, lovely town parks and to watch the sunrise over Bury Mount.
Please arrive by 6.20 am we will set off at 6.30 am sharp. If this is your first AG walk then please arrive nice and early to seek out the walk leader to receive your new walker briefing. The walk leader will usually be wearing an AG baseball cap, or a yellow high vis vest.
MEETING PLACE: We will meet in the front of the car park. It is free parking.
Note: we often meet in places where there is no postcode, so we encourage you to use What3Words app which will take you to the exact location.
Click the link above, then click “Navigate using Google Maps”
WALK LEADER(S): Julia Doherty
IS THIS WALK DOG FRIENDLY? Yes, this is a dog friendly walk.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
* A torch and reflective clothing / bright jacket.
* Good trainers or walking shoes (and other clothes of course!).
* A drink.
* Hand sanitiser
RULES TO KEEP YOU SAFE :
- We walk in all weathers, however, if we have a weather warning then the event will be cancelled.
- We will only ever walk in groups of 15 or less. If we have more than 15, we will have two walk leaders and walk in opposite directions.
- Sweets at the halfway stage – we call this “squidge and dip” – hand sanitiser, then dip in for your free sweets.
- Your walk leader is not allowed to carry personal possessions for you. Please bring a bag with drink/pockets to carry keys/hats/gloves etc (think about supporting the AG brand by purchasing an AG rucksack!).
- If you wish to bring and PPE, masks etc, please do. All walk leaders will also carry sanitiser, protective gloves and the first aid kit.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
Dogs are welcome on the majority of our walks, however, we kindly ask that only one dog per walker and that the welfare of the animal remains your responsibility throughout your walk. On occasion, we may add a note of “No dogs allowed” on specific walks (usually those with cattle), please respect this note.