- This event has passed.
HARPOLE HOP | 4.5 MILES | MODERATE | NORTHANTS
January 25, 2021 @ 6:15 pm - 8:15 pm GMT
Note, please arrive by 6.15 pm we will set off at 6.30 pm sharp.
MEETING PLACE: Meet by the Turnpike Beefeater Pub in Harpole. If you are not intending to support the local pub after the walk then please park nearby and walk to the pub. Thank you.
ABOUT THE WALK – grade: Moderate Walk
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- Good trainers or walking shoes (and other clothes of course!).
- A drink.
- Hand sanitizer
- A torch ( no head torches please) – recommended torch
- Reflective clothing / hi-vis vest. – grab an AG hi-vis vest
RULES FOR THE WALK WITH REGARDS TO GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES:-
- This walk is for those living in tier two only. If you live in a tier 3 or tier 4 region then you are unable to walk with us until restrictions are lifted.
- We will try to adhere to a 2m rule where possible, however, a 1m social distancing will be required during the walk at all times.
- As an outdoor sports business, we are exempt for the “rule of six”, and the official guidelines and our insurance will let us walk with up to 30 people. However, I do not feel comfortable with this number. We therefore cap our events to walking with groups of no more than 15 people.
- At the beginning of the walk, we will insist that everyone uses hand sanitizer as we will be touching stiles and gates etc during the walk. (Please bring your own, but your walk leader will also have a supply).
- Your walk leader is not allowed to carry personal possessions for you. Please bring a bag with drink/pockets to carry keys/hats/gloves etc (think about supporting the AG brand by purchasing an AG rucksack!).
- Until restrictions are lifted we are not allowed to assist each other over stiles, ditches etc unless we are from the same household, or in a social bubble. With this in mind, you will need to be fit enough to cope with stiles etc independently.
- If you wish to bring and PPE, masks etc, please do. All walk leaders will also carry sanitizer, protective gloves and the first aid kit.
- If you are contacted through “Test and Trace” and have walked with an AG group within the previous 48 hours, you must notify me and I will pass on to those that have walked.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
Dogs are welcome on the majority of our walks, however, we kindly ask that only one dog per walker and that the welfare of the animal remains your responsibility throughout your walk. On occasion, we may add a note of “No dogs allowed” on specific walks (usually those with cattle), please respect this note.