- This event has passed.
BRAMPTON PUB WALK | APPROX 4.3 MILES | MODERATE | NORTHANTS
November 15 @ 6:15 pm - 8:30 pm GMT
ABOUT THE WALK:
This evenings walk starts off from the fabulous Brampton Halt Pub Car park and then we venture down the old railway line (Brampton Valley Way). We have a bit of a climb as we make our way up over fields (which may be muddy, depending on the weather), but the views from the top are well worth it – even when it is dark, we have lovely views/light show of the villages below. We loop back through Chapel Brampton, visit the secret garden and then end up in the pub with a well-deserved beverage under the stars / outside heaters!
Please arrive by 6.15 pm we will set off at 6.30 pm sharp. If this is your first walk then please seek out the walk leader (usually in an Adventure Geek baseball cap, or high vis jacket) to receive your new walker briefing.
If you are interested in purchasing any AG merchandise, or perhaps some snacks / water for the walk, then “Dave”, the AG mobile shop will be on-site from 5.45 pm.
MEETING PLACE: Meet in the overflow car park of Brampton Halt. We will stop for a drink in the pub after the walk.
Note: we often meet in places where there is no postcode, so we encourage you to use What3Words app which will take you to the exact location.
Click the link above, then click “Navigate using Google Maps”
WALK LEADER(S): Paul Coxon & Rachel Cooley
IS THIS WALK DOG FRIENDLY? Yes. (Please make sure your dog has reflective clothing or a light attached to it's collar – thank you).
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- A torch is essential for all night walks from October to March. We recommend this brand if you do not already have a torch.
- A bright or reflective jacket (we can lend you a reflective vest if you do not have one readily available).
- Good trainers or walking shoes (and other clothes of course!).
- A drink.
- Hand sanitiser
RULES TO KEEP YOU SAFE :
- We walk in all weathers, however, if we have a weather warning then the event will be cancelled.
- We will only ever walk in groups of 15 or less. If we have more than 15, we will have two walk leaders and walk in opposite directions.
- Sweets at the halfway stage – we call this “squidge and dip” – hand sanitiser, then dip in for your free sweets. (Please bring your own hand sanitiser)
- Your walk leader is not allowed to carry personal possessions for you. Please bring a bag with drink/pockets to carry keys/hats/gloves etc (think about supporting the AG brand by purchasing an AG rucksack!).
- If you wish to bring and PPE, masks etc, please do. All walk leaders will also carry sanitiser, protective gloves and the first aid kit.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
There are no permissions expressed or implied by the Adventure Geek organisers. Participants make use of the facilities at their own risk and without express permission from the Adventure Geek organisers.
Walking is a physically active sport. If you have any doubts about your abilities, you should always seek advice from your GP before embarking on an Adventure Geek walk.
By registering for an event you accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event. We regroup often and our walks cater for all levels of fitness.
Children under the age of 16 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the walk.
Adventure Geek volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage are proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers.
Dogs are welcome on the majority of our walks, however, we kindly ask that only one dog per walker and that the welfare of the animal remains your responsibility throughout your walk. On occasion, we may add a note of “No dogs allowed” on specific walks (usually those with cattle), please respect this note.