I looked like a vet in my Columbia shirt
I have worn the Columbia Hiking Sun Shirt for a few years now (I have a few!), but my daughter thinks that I look like a vet in it! So, I thought I would take a look at something that is a bit more fashionable but is it practical?
What I liked about the hoodie
The hoodie certainly looks more fashionable (so I am told by my 17 year old daughter). It is 100% polyester and feels nice against the skin.
- UPV 50 sun protection
- The thumb holes are a good idea
- I loved the big floppy sun hood to protect you from the sun
- I also liked the idea of the hole in the back of the hood for a ponytail
- It is lightweight
What did I not like about the hoodie?
- It is not very breathable and made me very sweaty when walking
- The thumbholes were very tight. Considering I am a small build then this would be quite a concern if you had long arms.
- The hoodie also moved up my torso when walking so I had to constantly pull it down.
In a nutshell
In all honesty, I will probably wear this hoodie as a mid-layer, but not as a hiking shirt. Perhaps there are other sun hoodies out there that perform better, but the Naviskin Sun Hoodie is not for me. I will stick with my Columbia women's hiking shirt.
Naviskin Sun Hoodie – £17.99 – https://amzn.to/36DjWkd
Columbia women Silver Ridge hiking shirt – £44 – https://amzn.to/2zCXxr2