Osprey Pack Review after 3 years+ of use!
I first purchased my Osprey Aura 50l pack in 2016 in preparation for my first Camino experience. I remember spending hours and hours online looking for the right pack and eventually, I went to Cotswold Outdoors to get some professional advice. Osprey make rucksacks that are specifically for women and this was the first attraction.
I have no idea how many miles I have walked with this pack but it is certainly in the 1000's! This pack is extremely well made and I have a few scuffs as you would expect, but there are no tears, no broken zips and no holes anywhere - the quality is outstanding.
What do I love about this pack?
- It is super comfy. The hip belt is snug around my waist and this helps with weight distribution.
- I like the different compartments and pockets, especially the big stretch mesh pocket in the front.
- The side mesh pockets have two entrance points, which makes it easy to grab stuff, including water bottles. (I have had operations on both shoulders, so my flexibility is limited).
- If you use a hydration bladder, then the little extra features of the internal hook are fab.
- Oh... I forgot that it has a built-in whistle on the sternum strap which I have actually used!
What do I dislike?
- The weight - it is around 4 lbs and I have been tempted by some ultralight packs that are less than 2 lbs.
- The brain (top bag) does not snap off quickly - it is a lot of messing around to take it on and off.
- Also, the bag on the top has no shoulder strap, it is just like a packing cube, so you couldn't use it as a day pack.
- Straps - there are too many straps on this pack!
Have Your Own Adventure
Out of stockAdventures
ECCLESBOURNE WAY WITH STEAM TRAIN EXPERIENCE (11 miles)£54.00