Gear Review after 600 miles!
After watching endless YouTube videos I was hooked with the Altra Lone Peak 4.0's so I purchased a pair in May 2019. Since then I have walked two long-distance trails. The Camino (in the pouring rain through the Pyrenees) and The South Downs Way (on chalky clifftops and hard ground). I also used them 3 times a week (often more) with the AG walking club. I am currently walking the 1000 mile challenge (Which I completed during the SDW), and continued to record my mileage, hence I know that these shoes lasted approximately 600 miles before I had to wish them a fond farewell.
What I like about these shoes:-
- The colour (although they do a variety of colours)
- Waterproof (sort of)
- Extra-wide toe-box
- Zero drop soul
- The tread/grip is fantastic
- I also love the gaiter strap (why don't more shoes do this?)
What I didn't like?
- As the toe box is wide, there is a tight-fitting on the back, which made it difficult to get your foot into. I thought this would give a bit with age but it didn't.
- The shoelaces - I prefer the Solomon no-tie shoelace style.
- The look of the wide toe-box (clown feet), but hey, I prefer comfort over style any day.
Amazon purchase here: https://amzn.to/33ycvJf
Have Your Own Adventure
ECCLESBOURNE WAY WITH STEAM TRAIN EXPERIENCE (11 miles)£54.00
CONISTON WALK WITH STEAM YACHT EXPERIENCE (8 miles)£54.00