Treat of the week
When Jason joined me on the South Downs Way I had "gear envy" as he showed me his new solar charging pack. This thing was heavy and I initially dismissed it for any type of backpacking trip, but when he charged his own phone and numerous of my gadgets and it still had three bars left I knew I just had to get one!
I suffer from anxiety when my phone drops to below 50% capacity. I already have a smart battery case for my iPhone X, and a small Belkin power pack, but I would still run out of juice after 24 hours. My phone would be constantly on airplane mode which means that my husband had no idea where I was, and I was unable to receive text messages or phone calls. I use my phone for vlogging, photos, editing, writing and most importantly, I use it for navigation. The thought of being lost in the middle of nowhere fills me with dread and I am not one for grabbing a map before I leave.
This power charger has some awesome features and some naff features.
- 25,000 mAh (probably a bit excessive)
- 4 solar panels that can take up to 30 hours to charge from flat.
- Good news is that you can charge it using a USB - which takes about 4 hours from flat
- It has a built-in torch with SOS feature - so no need to take an additional torch.
- It can charge two items at once (two USB ports and one micro USB port).
- Naff - it is heavy! Yep, 1llbs worth of kit!
- You can get them in a variety of colours.
Amazon purchase here: https://amzn.to/2YRhroL
Have Your Own Adventure
ECCLESBOURNE WAY WITH STEAM TRAIN EXPERIENCE (11 miles)£54.00
CONISTON WALK WITH STEAM YACHT EXPERIENCE (8 miles)£54.00