Treat of the week - Altra Lone Peak Trail Runners
I was looking for a trail runner that had a larger / wider toe box that my current Solomon trail runners as I had been experiencing blisters in very warm weather with the Solomons. With the Altra Lone Peaks (for women), you also have:-
- Waterproof shoe
- The mesh used on the upper part of the shoe is not only more breathable, but it has improved durability and security.
- The Foot shape toe box allows your toes to spread out more naturally, offering greater comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.
- Thicker material coverage and support is offered to the toes and the heel, protecting it from bumps and downward forces.
- The upper is waterproof, stopping any liquid from entering the shoe and causing discomfort.
- They work well with no-tie shoelaces (although the way they are tied up is a bit strange but effective).
- Heel loops make transporting muddy shoes indoors is quick and easy, but I also use them to help me put them on my feet!
- A four-point Gaitertrap is a hook and loop tab that allows you to attach a strapless gaiter, which would prevent debris and grit from entering and causing irritation. I use Montane runner gaiters purchased in Cotswold Outdoors.
- The EVA midsole contains many areas with features that provide the shoe with extremely responsive rebound and cushioning, as well as the standard EVA that also protects and rebounds.
- A-Bound and energy-return compound sits directly underneath the foot, which reduces ground impact, returning the energy as a spring for each step that you take.
- The feet sit on the midsole on a zero drop platform (which takes a bit of getting used to!). This means the heel and the forefoot are the same distance from the ground, encouraging proper low-impact form throughout your trail run.
- Found in between the A-Bound and the EVA midsole, there is Altra's Stoneguard. This is a shield that offers flexible protection by deflecting rocks into the midsole, making the ride feel smoother.
Link to purchase these on Amazon is here.
Have Your Own Adventure
ECCLESBOURNE WAY WITH STEAM TRAIN EXPERIENCE (11 miles)£54.00
CONISTON WALK WITH STEAM YACHT EXPERIENCE (8 miles)£54.00